The independent voice for patients and social care users, Healthwatch Kent, is touring around Kent in its vintage double decker Big Red Bus from 13 th to 19 th June.
They are inviting everyone to jump on board and share their experiences of local health and social care services. This is your chance to voice your experience about any local service from your latest hospital appointment to the local pharmacy, care home or optician.
The mobile campaign aims to gather as many experiences of services as possible from all over the county. Healthwatch Kent will use those experiences to help improve health and social care services for the future. We are your voice and will speak to the relevant people for you! The bus is scheduled to visit the following locations:
- Monday 13th June Gravesend – Windmill Street from 9am to 12pm
- Sherness – outside Tesco from 1.30pm to 5pm
- Tuesday 14th June Dartford High Street from 9am to 12pm
- Swanley – outside ASDA from 1.30pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 15th June Tunbridge Wells – by Library 9am to 12pm
- Tonbridge – by the bridge from 1pm to 5pm
- Thursday 16th June Dover Market Square from 9am to 12pm
- Margate Cecil Square from 1pm to 5pm
- Saturday 18th June Folkestone – outside WHSmith from 9am to 4pm
- Sunday 19th June Maidstone Jubilee Square from 9am to 4pm
Visitors to the bus can learn about Healthwatch Kent’s current projects and their free helpline and signposting service. Chief Executive, Healthwatch Kent, Steve Inett says, “We’re hoping lots of people will stop and see us during our Big Bus Tour. It’s all about letting people know who we are and what we can do for them. Tell us about the issues with your local services and we can help to improve them.”
The Big Red Bus welcomes feedback about any health or social care service in Kent from antenatal and paediatrics to A&E, mental health, residential and nursing homes and dementia care.