Dartford Borough Council continues to look for changes that can help save the planet and is now delivering an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to Dartford homes.
Since the beginning of September, a number of Dartford residents have been coming together as a community to create a group-buying scheme to enable them to buy solar panels and battery storage for their homes at a competitive price.
Solar Together Kent is a group-buying scheme that helps homeowners through the process of paying the right price for a high-quality installation from pre-vetted installers – it is partnered with iChoosr Ltd who are independent industry experts. Dartford follows four highly successful schemes across the country delivering over 1,300 installations and an impressive 28,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
Leader of the Council, Jeremy Kite said, “Part of Planet Dartford’s vision of carbon net-zero is to help residents generate their own clean electricity, reduce carbon emissions and save money in the process. The more people that participate the better the price and the more renewable energy will be generated by Dartford.”
Marie-Louise Abretti, iChoosr UK Solar Manager added “With residents of Dartford looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions and save on energy bills, the Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and access a competitive offer from a trusted provider.”
How it works
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation before 6 October at www.solartogether.co.uk/dartford
- Pre-vetted UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on 6 October. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration will make it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will receive a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
For detailed information about likely costs and the amount of energy that can be expect to generated go to www.solartogether.co.uk/dartford