Most cookie recipes use block butter to help them with the rolling and cutting process. I’ve used margarine here so, hopefully, you’ll be able to make them without having to go out and buy ingredients especially for the recipe. It does mean, however, that you won’t be able to roll them out and need to use something to mould them in. Silicon Cake Pop moulds are perfect, but also Cupcake Cases – or even press them into the bottom of a small cake tin and make one large cookie. I’ve flavoured mine with Lemon Zest, but they’re delicious without any flavouring too!

You will need:
100g Margarine
50g Caster Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon or 1tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
180g Self Raising Flour

You’ll also need a silicon cake pop mould or mini cupcake cases.

What to do:
In a large mixing bowl mix the Margarine and the Sugar together until pale and creamy.
Add the Lemon Zest or Vanilla Extract if using.

Stir in the Flour and squeeze with clean hands to bring the dough together.
Push into the Cake pop moulds or into the cupcake cases.

Rest in the fridge while you preheat the oven to 170° C (160°C Fan

Bake for about 10 minutes or until they start to become golden brown.

Leave in the mould/cases until cooled.

If you want to top with Chocolate:
Heat Chocolate in 10 second blasts in the microwave until 75% of it is melted, then stir to melt the remaining 25% using the residual heat in the bowl. This gives the chocolate a glossier shine.
Spoon over your cooled pops or dip them into the melted chocolate. Top with sugar sprinkles.
Let the chocolate set before eating (if you can resist!)